A7 with Some LTM, M mount lens

It's no wonder I am a founder member of the IAPP (International Association of Procrastinating Photographers, life President (saves deciding on another) Tom A )

First in this thread users are ditching all M glass bar the very (Leica relative) long glass then Neoro goes and posts with the 28 cron ( I have and want to use) brilliant work. Yes I can see the corners but that "effect" is often added in post especially in B/W.

Now one of my favourite lenses the SC 40mm CV 40mm from gsgary looks more than good, previous posters have relatively dished it, on the A7, (BTW on sharpness I think there is some sample variance as mine is pin sharp).

If I wait long enough, which is entirely possible, there will be a Mark II and we can start all this again. On that though I can't see them changing things as that would mess up their 50mm which is as all agree spectacular.

It's no wonder I am a founder member of the IAPP (International Association of Procrastinating Photographers, life President (saves deciding on another) Tom A )

First in this thread users are ditching all M glass bar the very (Leica relative) long glass then Neoro goes and posts with the 28 cron ( I have and want to use) brilliant work. Yes I can see the corners but that "effect" is often added in post especially in B/W.

Now one of my favourite lenses the SC 40mm CV 40mm from gsgary looks more than good, previous posters have relatively dished it, on the A7, (BTW on sharpness I think there is some sample variance as mine is pin sharp).

If I wait long enough, which is entirely possible, there will be a Mark II and we can start all this again. On that though I can't see them changing things as that would mess up their 50mm which is as all agree spectacular.

LOL!

I don't 'dis' the Nokton 40/1.4. It's just not as good a performer on the A7 as the M-Rokkor/Summicron-C 40mm lenses.

I sometimes add vignetting and corner blur effects in rendering, but I don't add smearing which is what I see with the Nokton 40 until f/5.6-f/8.

G

Godfrey, it was relatively dished :D Smearing is never good I agree, I don't see a photoshop filter "add smearing at corners", the point was though to buy the body to use with the lenses I have not to buy the body AND a new set of glass to go with it. It just seems my favourite glass performs shall we say less well on the A7. Perhaps that is telling me something about my lens choice they are doing something I like but the A7 doesn't?
I ran a set recently at the Cosford RAF museum, on Flickr, with the 40mm Nokton exclusively (family visit so constrained ;) ) more than happy, on film. I suppose I should just stick with what works, for me.

Well, for me, I bought the A7 hoping my Leica R lenses would work with it. I've be pleasantly delighted with how well they work.

I didn't buy the A7 for the M lenses as they work best on digital cameras designed for them, and even then some don't work terribly well on the digital Ms (the 21/25/28 Color Skopars in particular, for me).

I've since found that a few of my M lenses work well on the A7, but since I have a complete collection of R lenses that all work better, I tend to use the M lenses only once in a while—when I'm looking for a camera/lens that more compact, like the M-Rokkor 40/2 + A7. The Summicron-R 35/2 performs better and is similar FoV, but the compactness is nice when making photographs isn't the primary purpose of an outing.

G

Nokton 50F1.5 M mount version, hand held @ 1/50 iso500

DSC00464_1-XL.jpg

Godfrey, it was relatively dished :D Smearing is never good I agree, I don't see a photoshop filter "add smearing at corners", the point was though to buy the body to use with the lenses I have not to buy the body AND a new set of glass to go with it. It just seems my favourite glass performs shall we say less well on the A7. Perhaps that is telling me something about my lens choice they are doing something I like but the A7 doesn't?
I ran a set recently at the Cosford RAF museum, on Flickr, with the 40mm Nokton exclusively (family visit so constrained ;) ) more than happy, on film. I suppose I should just stick with what works, for me.

The 40 Nockton sc is great with film very sharp (HP5)

img221-L.jpg

I'm still shooting with the NEX6, but have found the Olympus OM lenses (24/2.8, 35/2.8, & 50/1.4) work quite well, and would probably hold up on full frame.

I'm still shooting with the NEX6, but have found the Olympus OM lenses (24/2.8, 35/2.8, & 50/1.4) work quite well, and would probably hold up on full frame.

I've talked to a number of people using Olympus OM lenses on the A7. They seem very happy with them.

G

Back