Any news on the new Plustek 120 scanner?

Not based on what I see. Six frame strips of 35mm or three frame strips of 6x6 look to be its limits.

German company ScanDig ("filmscanner.info") states the new Plustek will be available in their shop from mid-march and a first review of the unit can be expected for April.

German company ScanDig ("filmscanner.info") states the new Plustek will be available in their shop from mid-march and a first review of the unit can be expected for April.

This would mean that the availability has again been postponed. Does someone can confirm this information?

Let's hope the scanner will be released soon... And in the meantime, let's take some pictures and prepare some good negatives to scan when it becomes available.

It will be available much sooner !
Just got an e-mail of a Dutch distributor that they have 1 in stock. In stock messages are also appearing in other spots so guess that the Plustek 120 no longer is a phantom product ! :D

Yep, just checked and BHPhoto does not show it in stock...sighh.

I ordered this in September, expecting it at least by November, but no dice. There have been numerous "sightings" reported here, on APUG and on DPUG, and probably elsewhere, but no hard evidence on the ground. Still waiting but I am beginning to think that I may not see one until sometime around September 2013...maybe.

Looking good. I was afraid that it would be $2000. Happy to see that it is only $1999. Just minimal patients needed at this point.

From the Plustec Technologies Facebook page:

Here is another brief OpticFilm 120 update. Yes the scanner has started to ship in some regions. In the US, if everything goes right, we will be shipping to our retailers in about 10 days. We have scanners and we are now in the process of creating discs. It shouldn't be too much longer guys!

From the Plustec Technologies Facebook page:

Here is another brief OpticFilm 120 update. Yes the scanner has started to ship in some regions. In the US, if everything goes right, we will be shipping to our retailers in about 10 days. We have scanners and we are now in the process of creating discs. It shouldn't be too much longer guys!

Yes! Finally, and the scans from the guy on flickr look much better than what we had seen so far!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefan_df/8366193833/in/photostream/

Looking forward to this !

I may snag one as a backup to the Nikon.. always good to have another pitcher warming up in case the current one throws out his shoulder :)

Cheers,
Dave

I'll be ordering one when either BH or Adorama make them available on Amazon. Have some gift cards that I want to use toward it.

Back