Any news on the new Plustek 120 scanner?

If someone working for me produced sample pictures while too drunk to focus, he'd be fired instantly. This kind of thing pains me because I know so many good, intelligent, educated, hardworking folks where I live who cannot find jobs...yet someone who drinks while working and admits it to his employer's customers has a job that probably pays a good middle class salary. Damn.

Yeah right... those folks could travel back and forth their home and the Plustek office every day.

Ah so much bitterness that it clouds reason...

my pre-order at B&H still stands.

sounds like the scanner is turning a corner.

I am excited as hell. Once the thing starts shipping, this thread is gonna start growing cobwebs, and we'll forget all about it.

I am excited as hell. Once the thing starts shipping, this thread is gonna start growing cobwebs, and we'll forget all about it.

Hopefully we'll be able to have a thread where people can post image examples which will be very useful those vacilating over the price.

Same here, I'd rather remain positive.
My pre order still stands.

Saw it at photokina. Looked good. But photokina was a quarter of a year ago...

Even so, I'd prefer a scanner that worked to one that was rushed to market.

Cheers,

R.

Im sorry if this was already awnserd, but i searched and couldent find it.

will it be possibel to scan panos from a camera like the widelux? will it have a pano adapter?

im realy looking forward to this scanner!

thanks for awnsers

Im sorry if this was already awnserd, but i searched and couldent find it.

will it be possibel to scan panos from a camera like the widelux? will it have a pano adapter?

im realy looking forward to this scanner!

thanks for awnsers

Since it can scan up to a 6x12 cm frame, I'm sure that even if it does not include a Widelux format carrier, a means can be contrived to capture the format. I've created carriers for other negative scanners to scan unusual formats this way, it's not too difficult. Just takes a little imagination and some craft work. :)

Since it can scan up to a 6x12 cm frame, I'm sure that even if it does not include a Widelux format carrier, a means can be contrived to capture the format. I've created carriers for other negative scanners to scan unusual formats this way, it's not too difficult. Just takes a little imagination and some craft work. :)

Thank you for your awnser!
so i will try to use my imagination when it arrives and hope it will work... :)

from plustek's facebook:
"Quick update on the OpticFilm 120. I was just notified last night that the Golden Master discs are being burned! It shouldn't be too long now."

I got this in my e-mail today.

A31EE-00100.jpg

RFF is Fortunate to have Plusteck's Sales Rep Answering Questions

RFF is Fortunate to have Plusteck's Sales Rep Answering Questions

Looking at this thread, some members don't seem to be aware that RFF is fortunate to have mdruziak aka Mark - Plustek's sales rep - answering your questions as best he can.

Some of you are way out of line in your criticism of Mark's posts.

Have any of you ever worked as a sales rep ? that type of job is totally dependent upon the info provided to you by others.

As a sales guy, Mark is aiming to share the info he has available at any given point in time. If that info proves in accurate, don't blame the messenger. Specs and time lines change as circumstances require.

Would the naysayers be happier being totally in the dark about upcoming Plustek products until the day their orders are taken and the scanner shipped ? I doubt it.

So, give Mark a break and be happy for the info he is able to share before the product is fully available ! Film users need companies developing new film products !

Stephen

The messenger shouldn't be blamed, but the maker (Plustek) arguably deserves criticism, and Mark, as the messenger, has the task to relay the criticism to HQ, since he is the only conduit we have.

Whether or not Plustek deserves the blame/criticism expressed here, of course, is debatable.

I'm thinking that Plustek wants to make money and to that end they are going to bring this to market as soon as they can provide a quality product.

The only feedback that they need right now is from their production line. We need to start a new thread asking for samples.. maybe a bit premature, but this thread is all over the place.

I'm thinking that Plustek wants to make money and to that end they are going to bring this to market as soon as they can provide a quality product.

The only feedback that they need right now is from their production line. We need to start a new thread asking for samples.. maybe a bit premature, but this thread is all over the place.

I think a new thread, once it ships, is a good idea.

Looking at this thread, some members don't seem to be aware that RFF is fortunate to have mdruziak aka Mark - Plustek's sales rep - answering your questions as best he can.

Some of you are way out of line in your criticism of Mark's posts.

Have any of you ever worked as a sales rep ? that type of job is totally dependent upon the info provided to you by others.

As a sales guy, Mark is aiming to share the info he has available at any given point in time. If that info proves in accurate, don't blame the messenger. Specs and time lines change as circumstances require.

Would the naysayers be happier being totally in the dark about upcoming Plustek products until the day their orders are taken and the scanner shipped ? I doubt it.

So, give Mark a break and be happy for the info he is able to share before the product is fully available ! Film users need companies developing new film products !

Stephen

Agree, 100%

Perhaps they are waiting for Hamrick to optimize Vuescan for the Plustek 120 :)
And offer the option to buy this printer without the croocked Silverfast software :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back