Any news on the new Plustek 120 scanner?

If someone working for me produced sample pictures while too drunk to focus, he'd be fired instantly. This kind of thing pains me because I know so many good, intelligent, educated, hardworking folks where I live who cannot find jobs...yet someone who drinks while working and admits it to his employer's customers has a job that probably pays a good middle class salary. Damn.

What makes you think that Mark did the photo during his job?! As far as we know, it was posted on his flickr and has nothing to do with his job at Plustek. Except that it was scanned on Plustek scanner.

Since you guys found that... a little background. That is a Portra 400 converted to B/W using Topaz Labs B/W. [...] Hopefully I'll have time to scan more after the holiday.

yes and looking for more after Thanksgiving... also the color image on FB which I guess is also a scan. As well I like some of your images on flickr...

Casey

Hi Mark ... a question about the scanner.

Apparently the film holder exits through the rear of the scanner as it passes through. How much room will be required at the back for clearance for this?

Ease up on Mark, folks! Jeez... he is trying to keep this forum informed on a product that both we and the company want to get right. Mark said nothing about being a professional photographer. The picture was probably taken after hours with a friend. That's why he put the disclaimer in with the portrait photo. Plustek is having issues with the CCD supplier and this seems to be delaying product release. Let's all be patient and keep the lines of communication open. Oh, and the photo looks fine to me.

Kent

Ease up on Mark, folks! Jeez... he is trying to keep this forum informed on a product that both we and the company want to get right. Mark said nothing about being a professional photographer. The picture was probably taken after hours with a friend. That's why he put the disclaimer in with the portrait photo. Plustek is having issues with the CCD supplier and this seems to be delaying product release. Let's all be patient and keep the lines of communication open. Oh, and the photo looks fine to me.

Kent

+1

Lighten up guys....

If someone working for me produced sample pictures while too drunk to focus, he'd be fired instantly. This kind of thing pains me because I know so many good, intelligent, educated, hardworking folks where I live who cannot find jobs...yet someone who drinks while working and admits it to his employer's customers has a job that probably pays a good middle class salary. Damn.

Wow... I better remove the images I have on Flickr of my children in case people think I take my children to work with me, because its a known fact that all pictures posted on Flickr are taken during work hours. :eek:

Kent

Hear, hear.

I'm still eager to see this have a happy ending. I'm still interested in getting one in 2013.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press Releases
OpticFilm 120 Update

Plustek OpticFilm 120 Update

We recently announced that the Plustek OpticFilm 120 scanner would start shipping at the end of September. Unfortunately, the scanner has been delayed. Testing and the final development work is ongoing and we do not expect that this delay will be lengthy.

For more information please contact Mark Druziak ([email protected]) or for press inquiries, please contact Betsy Roberts ([email protected]).

Plustek is committed to providing you with high-quality, reliable scanners and we need to ensure the OpticFilm 120 delivers on this commitment. Thank you for your patience during this delay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would rather have to deal with a delay, than Plustek shipping this unit, before it is ready. There is a lot ridding on this. At the moment there is a canyon size gap between cheap flatbed scanners and high end units like the Imacon/Hasselblad etc.

That press release is growing whiskers. Going on two months old. Not to mention that if you go to the scanner's web page there is no mention of any delay. Not that it matters to me. Just an observation.

Wayne

I think it would be more accurate to say waitware than vaporware. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Not that it matters much, I can't afford it anyways.

I am hoping it ships sooner than later. A recent APUG post indicates it is on the shelves in Australia. Might be a vicious rumor though.

What makes you think that Mark did the photo during his job?! As far as we know, it was posted on his flickr and has nothing to do with his job at Plustek. Except that it was scanned on Plustek scanner.

Bingo!
My Flicker ≠ Plustek.
PERIOD!

We are pretty close. I will update the Plustek website and social media outlets when the scanners are air shipped to our US warehouse. From then it will be about a week for them to make it thru the distribution channel.

Stay tuned.

Bingo!
My Flicker ≠ Plustek.
PERIOD!

We are pretty close. I will update the Plustek website and social media outlets when the scanners are air shipped to our US warehouse. From then it will be about a week for them to make it thru the distribution channel.

Stay tuned.

Before Christmas in the US ?
Yes please !!!!

Bingo!
My Flicker ≠ Plustek.
PERIOD!

Stay tuned.

I haven't pre-ordered, but am very much interested. Is there projected inventory from B&H or Adorma for example, for those of us who are waiting to see samples online ?

Stay tuned.

Thanks, Mark. I await patiently. I also hope you get a unit to Ed Hamrick so he can update VueScan to support it ... :)

Godfrey

Back