Fujifilm XF10

Essentially a X-A5 with the X70 lens, intended for casual users. The price is good, but too many feature were cut. It's not a GR contender, nor is Fuji marketing it as one.

Interestingly they've put a semi-usable "Snapshot" feature into the camera - you can set the camera to shoot at 2 meters at f/8, or 5 meters at f/5.6. Quite a detour I say. Maybe Ricoh had indeed patented its Snap mode after all.

It's curious to me the choices they made with this camera.

If it's intended for people who want more control than a phone offers, why remove the dedicated dials from the X70 that appeal to more enthusiast users?

It seems confused as to what it is. I think there's already a niche market for compact cameras with bigger sensors but people who care about such things probably also want dedicated controls rather than a touch screen.

Not dumping my GR anytime soon. I actually wish the GR had the control setup of the X70 but of course you can program the buttons and knobs to do anything you want. It is nice to see your settings at a glance with the camera off.

Maybe the $499 cost will put some price pressure on Ricoh for the GRIII, rumored to be announced in Sept.

John

Maybe the $499 cost will put some price pressure on Ricoh for the GRIII, rumored to be announced in Sept.

I hope so... but if not I`m ok with this camera as my updated GR. I don`t care about snap focus, 4k, tilt screens, the hot shoe, etc. I do care about having a modern sensor and faster low light AF. At $500 new, the used price will be $300 in no time.

i'm a big fan of small apsc-sensor cameras, esp with touchscreen.

seems like it's a bayer sensor and not an x-trans, from what i read somewhere? works for me.

Back