Fujifilm XF10

The price and sensor sound great. I prefer the GR feature set, but as I won't shell out for the new GR III, which will probably be quite a bite more expensive, anytime soon, this for me needs to be compared to the GR I or II. Tempting because this sensor would allow to crank up the ISO, stop down to 11 or 16 and use manual pre-focus which would be as fast as snap focus. Although I haven't used snap focus as much as I like the idea, I must admit. Touchscreen would be new to me on a camera, not too thrilled about the prospect, would need to test it.
No not shoe bothers me in theory but in practice, I liked to GR for actually fitting in pants pockets, so no accessory finder for me.

As for the dust issue, I'm not holding my breath. An extending lens will always suck in air. A filter could help, but that would mean the rest of the extending lens assembly would need to be airtight, which is difficult to do I think.

When you try to get the manual, the Fujifilm site says:

FUJIFILM XF10
*Coming in August 2018

Hey John,

Here's what I think about the upcoming GRIII: It will stand up to a 24mp sensor no problem. It's not that huge of a difference. I can't think of one lens on the market, from any brand, that became useless at 24mp when it worked excellent on 16mp.

D :)

Hey John,

Here's what I think about the upcoming GRIII: It will stand up to a 24mp sensor no problem. It's not that huge of a difference. I can't think of one lens on the market, from any brand, that became useless at 24mp when it worked excellent on 16mp.

I agree. I expect, if the GRIII is released, it will be a much better camera than this. However, it will be about $800 or so too. This XF10 is interesting due to the cheap price, it being a Fuji, and it being new.

will one of these things ever get a built-in EVF?!

I've hung onto my X-E2 and recently bought used the excellent 27mm 2.8 pancake. Was going to have them welded together but in the end realized it would be much cheaper to simply never take the 27 off. (keeping in mind I like a 40mm FL) ;-)

Small body, very small lens, EVF and small money.

If 27 is too long I guess the larger, more expensive 18mm would work.

btw, I do not find the 27's f 2.8 max aperture a detriment --- it performs surprisingly well wide open.
Ditto on the "no aperture ring!?!" Easily accommodated, in my experience.

Bonus: X E2 has a built in bounce-able flash.

Where's my hot shoe for my brightline finder for bright days?

B2 (;->

If you're in serious need, and care more about the imagery than the camera; given the space on the top plate, epoxy a shoe to the top plate.

As per John's link, lots of room for a shoe.
https://digitalfoto.dk/kamera/kompakt-kamera/fujifilm-xf10-er-et-perfekt-rejsekamera-med-stor-sensor

If I liked the camera and used it a lot, I wouldn't think twice about gluing a shoe to the top plate. Though, I might have my machinist or, camera repair guy do the work.

Look what Stephen has.. plus a shoe from the camera repairman and a tube of good epoxy ..
https://shop.cameraquest.com/voigtl...iewfinder-version-ii-metal-finder-body-black/

Yeah, I`d probably put it on crooked... :D

Use good glue!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM4IGweHT2k

Alignment might be easy, but properly clamping it in the aligned position might be tricky. Best done in a cold environment (so you have time to move it if necessary) and properly clamp it in place for 24 hours. My question is, who has the better clamps for delicate work, my machinist, who repairs fine instruments, or the camera repair guy?

It looks like a very useable camera. The finder would be necessary for my comfort.

Back