My M9-P has gone in for a sensor replacement

That new vulcanite is very different, almost sticky. I've gotten used to it, and kinda like it. Still no word on my girls, hoping that I'll hear something next week, the 4 month anniversary of their visit to Leicaland NJ.

Yes, sticky, that's the word. I haven't quite gotten used to it yet, really miss the vulcanite -- the camera always feels slightly grimy to me now.

Heard from Leica yesterday that camera 2 is still on the bench. Camera one will need to return to NJ, as there is oil accumulating on the sensor as I shoot. First frame was clean, second had a big splotch, fifth had three big splotches, etc, etc. Ugh.

Glad I got all that Fuji Industrial 100 from jonmanjiro.

I've entered my fourth month of waiting for return of my Monochrom, which needed a sensor replacement (cracked corner, rather than corrosion).

Is this par for the course now, or has it disappeared into some sort of witness protection program?

Can't help griping a bit. My third three-month repair on recent Leica gear. Lesson finally learned: 43 years of Leicas, and for sure it's time to stop.

Kirk

I turned in my ME in at the Leica Store in Los Angeles this week, They said around 2 months for the replacement. I hope its quicker. Very cool store if you're ever in LA. There's a celebrity doppleganger that works there that you have to see to believe.
K

Heard from Leica yesterday that camera 2 is still on the bench. Camera one will need to return to NJ, as there is oil accumulating on the sensor as I shoot. First frame was clean, second had a big splotch, fifth had three big splotches, etc, etc. Ugh.

Glad I got all that Fuji Industrial 100 from jonmanjiro.

Yeah the beauty of film. A new sensor with every shot.

I've entered my fourth month of waiting for return of my Monochrom, which needed a sensor replacement (cracked corner, rather than corrosion).

Is this par for the course now, or has it disappeared into some sort of witness protection program?

Can't help griping a bit. My third three-month repair on recent Leica gear. Lesson finally learned: 43 years of Leicas, and for sure it's time to stop.

Kirk

Par for the course. Which is why I sold my M-E and bought an M240. I just didn't want to deal with that downtime again.

...Is this par for the course now, or has it disappeared into some sort of witness protection program?

Can't help griping a bit. My third three-month repair on recent Leica gear. Lesson finally learned: 43 years of Leicas, and for sure it's time to stop...

NJ is slow, no matter what they're doing. I wonder if there is just one guy at a single bench there, watching the pile behind him grow.

I turned in my ME in at the Leica Store in Los Angeles this week, They said around 2 months for the replacement. I hope its quicker. Very cool store if you're ever in LA. There's a celebrity doppleganger that works there that you have to see to believe.
K

I receive a quote of 4 months when I called Leica NJ this morning reference my M9 which has the sensor corrosion issue, was told to expect sometime in July.

Still no word from Leica on either camera. One has been in NJ since early November (5 months now), the other was briefly back home but went back to NJ a week ago for oil spots accumulating on the sensor.

My dealer got my M9 back from Leica NJ today and it wasn't that much later than originally quoted. Leica said 8 weeks to replace the sensor and it took about 10.

Back