[New test photos released] Leica Summicron 35/2 Eight Element copy made in China

Very nice EdL
Yes, great macro work!
Thx guys!
I wanted to get in even closer though..but that's as close to the flower as I could get with this lens..and the close focus adapter..
LLL 35 is really not bad for this kind of thing..plenty of resolution and sharpness there.

But I replaced the metal cap with a nice tight plastic Leica cap..as it kept getting flicked off..with the inevitable ping..when it hits the ground..lol..

I am wondering whether anyone here has heard from Kevin in the last 2 weeks. On May 17, he emailed to say that my lens, which was being repaired and was now fixed, would be shipped within 2 days. He asked for my postal address and phone.

I expected that I might receive shipping confirmation, but have heard nothing. I emailed him after a week or so, and no reply.

Ed

I am wondering whether anyone here has heard from Kevin in the last 2 weeks. On May 17, he emailed to say that my lens, which was being repaired and was now fixed, would be shipped within 2 days. He asked for my postal address and phone.

I expected that I might receive shipping confirmation, but have heard nothing. I emailed him after a week or so, and no reply.

Ed

That Kevin is an elusive silly goose. Biting the hand that gave him credibility.

Well, I expected editorial comments to what I wrote, since we all have been impacted by whatever has been going on for Kevin, but I was actually wanting a simple response. Has anyone heard more recently from Kevin? I hope he is alright.

I've posted this before elsewhere on the forum as being taken with a 50mm APO. But after checking the metatdata (for all the photos I took that night), it was the LLL replica that was on the camera:

51184419142_b8316b7215_o.jpg

M10M, LLL 35mm, ISO 400, 1/250th @ ~f5.6

Well, I expected editorial comments to what I wrote, since we all have been impacted by whatever has been going on for Kevin, but I was actually wanting a simple response. Has anyone heard more recently from Kevin? I hope he is alright.

Ed, that you of all people here have to ask “Where’s Waldo?”, is commentary itself.

That’ no one can answer in the affirmative after 12 hours, is further commentary.

Ed, back in March when i was still waiting for my lens, It took 18 days between my initial email and receiving a tracking label. During this time there were several other emails and a message to Kevin on Instagram. I know others waited on communication as well. It's my experience that he's not as punctual as a Swiss train.....

Kevin and I have had a number of back and forths about the virus, and it seems pretty clear that he had yet to get a vaccine at the time of our last email That is the basis of my concern.

Ed

Well it looks like most if not all folks on RFF have received their lenses by now.
Kinda strange how this all elapsed and finally concluded.
Enjoy your lenses..because I dont think they will be offering anything to us again at these prices.
But all's well..that ends well I suppose..
I wonder what happened to Kevin..as he started it all..
Too bad things didnt work out for the future..w/ Kevin and LLL..
It would have been cool if they did.

Watching this thread from very begining, I've seen many folks here are quite aggressive, even though when they PAID NOTHING.
If I were KEVIN, I would NOT do the same thing one more time here.

In my last email exchange with Kevin, on May 17, he indicated that he thought everyone here had got their lenses. So perhaps he felt that he could now relax. But that does not explain why I have not received my lens back, nor his abrupt silence after indicating that all was well. We did have other things we were talking about.

So I remain concerned, but perhaps there is little reason for this thread to continue much longer.

Ed

What I find a bit tragic is that Kevin had plans to have LLL make a replica of the Leitz 50mm f/1.2 aspherical (Noctilux), the first lens with aspherical elements. Leica stole that idea and made a copy of it themselves.

Erik.

What I find a bit tragic is that Kevin had plans to have LLL make a replica of the Leitz 50mm f/1.2 aspherical (Noctilux), the first lens with aspherical elements. Leica stole that idea and made a copy of it themselves.

Erik.

If the copied their own lens, it is theirs anyways, Erik.
Do you mean that a newly produced lens will prohibit others to make replicas because of copy right laws?

If the copied their own lens, it is theirs anyways, Erik.
Do you mean that a newly produced lens will prohibit others to make replicas because of copy right laws?

I don't know. He was fascinated by this idea - that was my impression - but he should have kept his mouth shut.

Later he came with the idea to produce a copy of the military ELCAN 50mm f/2. That would be interesting!

Erik.

Watching this thread from very begining, I've seen many folks here are quite aggressive, even though when they PAID NOTHING.
If I were KEVIN, I would NOT do the same thing one more time here.

Emile, I agree completely with your post. kiemchacsu there's a saying " a man is only as good as his word."......

LLL is indeed a strange business model. Two years later LLL doesn't have a website, although there are photos of a new Elcan replica and a rack of Leicavit copies.

I agree with Ed S as well, there's not much left to say in this thread. To quote the lyrics Grateful Dead "what a long strange trip it's been".......

Back