PIXII New french M Mount digital rangefinder announced

If it's full frame, I could be interested.

I like the concept. The camera is just for shooting and everything else happens external. More film like in some ways.

However, I bet it uses some sort of sub fullframe sensor due to cost.

Love to see it come to fruition but not holding my breath.

Definitely won't be full frame, or any more of a computer generation gimmick again. Internal 8Gb or 32 Gb memory, without expansion slot means either very low megapickle count or small sensor size. If it costs more than Rd-1, what's the pointe?

Definitely won't be full frame, or any more of a computer generation gimmick again. Internal 8Gb or 32 Gb memory, without expansion slot means either very low megapickle count or small sensor size. If it costs more than Rd-1, what's the pointe?

Well, if it is modern APSC and over 6mp, there is a point...

About time someone challenges Leica in the mirrorless digital RF field. Hope it's full frame and cheap/affordable :)

I am amazed that Cosina Voigtländer has not picked up the mantel and ran with it and made an affordable line of FF digital RF with M mount, something like a Canon P meets the Epson R-d1 ( which BTW was based from their heritage of film RF cameras) to augment their line of fine M mount lenses.

I am very interested in this. However, full frame would be more ideal given the frameline indicated in the spec. 28/35/40/50 are the lenses that I have. If this is APSC then we are looking at view angle equivalent of 42/52/60/75 give or take a little which is still very usable. I use 35/50 the most and either format works in this sense.

My take on why they only published the pixel size but no sensor size is probably because the sensor is still being developed and the challenge of global shutter is read out speed. I wouldn't be surprised to see a full frame but low pixel count? if you want this to be an extension of the phone, the sensor has to outperform the phone to be worth while on top of form factor.

I look forward to the spec and price and reviews.

I am amazed that Cosina Voigtländer has not picked up the mantel and ran with it and made an affordable line of FF digital RF with M mount, something like a Canon P meets the Epson R-d1 ( which BTW was based from their heritage of film RF cameras) to augment their line of fine M mount lenses.

Y not a digital Zeiss Ikon ZM?

Zeiss or CV would have already done it if they were interested... I would think. The time to do so would have been 2008-2013.

Perhaps a CV range finder, APSC sensor (CMOS!!), M-Mount, no image viewing on the camera, or an expensive EVF, sounds like a very nice option.

B2 (;->

Truth be told, if I have to carry two pieces of equipment with me (camera and phone) I am not terribly interested. I don't always have my phone with me, and I don't need yet more reasons to be tied to that thing. If this camera can play as a stand alone tool, it could be of interest to me. It would have to be full frame though.

I don't see any indications (either way) this new camera can play on its own.

I would be surprised if it could not work independently of the phone.

First things first, let's see if this thing actually emerges from promise to reality. At that point, it can be critiqued for how well/poorly the concept is executed...

Truth be told, if I have to carry two pieces of equipment with me (camera and phone) I am not terribly interested. I don't always have my phone with me, and I don't need yet more reasons to be tied to that thing. If this camera can play as a stand alone tool, it could be of interest to me. It would have to be full frame though.

I don't see any indications (either way) this new camera can play on its own.

Again, the site does in fact say the camera can be used stand alone. Click on the press link and read the news release.

"Pixii is a geniune stand alone camera."
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LmD6UKazx62kO_dXBQHt32-dGcLXIklf

Shawn

Back