Site migration status and updates

Have private messages and notifications dating from pre-conversion been lost? I don't see where messages and notifications are stored either. Thanks

Have private messages and notifications dating from pre-conversion been lost? I don't see where messages and notifications are stored either. Thanks
i think its called conversations now. Top right, click on envelope and then show all

Going great. See JT‘s want to buy in the classifieds. Even if no member is willing to sell theirs I think the ad alone shows safe hands.

This new version is an enormous improvement over what we've been dealing with for the past several months. Well done!

Unable to reset my password for old name, x-ray. Had to open under my actual name. Can you reset it from your end?

Really liking the new forum.

I had the same problem x-ray and others are having. Couldn't register under my old name "brusby" so I used Brusby2. Forum software said it was sending me an email but I never received one despite half a dozen attempts. Then I tried registering with a new name but that was rejected too because forum software said it recognized my email as already used by someone (I'm sure me). So I had to use a different and rarely used email address to register.

Can you please reset to my old name "Brusby"? thanks

Hi,
Same here, could not use my old name of trix4ever as old email does not exist now any chance of changing me back?
Thanks in advance, Mark

If you are reading this, you are visiting the new version of RFF .

We understand with all things new there will be complications and frustration. The goal is to make the experience more enjoyable and do away with the horrible sluggish performance of the past server. Having said that, here are a few things to keep in mind.

1. You will need to request a password reset. Sorry but that's the case. We moved from vbulletin to xenforo and the version of the migration did not support the password move.
  2. The gallery and Classifieds are working. But, there are improvements and changes coming. So be patient. Complain if you want but it is what it is for now. Regardless, it will be better than the previous experience and eventually, we will be back on track to a nice robust gallery and classifieds.
  3. Any serious issues should be reported in this thread. Please don't report cosmetic or personal preference disagreements. They do not impact the performance and functionality of the site which is what we are focused on for now.
  4. I will be performing various backups and copies which will at time impact response times. But only for a minute or two.
  5. If you like a dark theme or a light theme, at least that is available at the bottom left of the pages. Its the only consolation prize for now.

Hang tight and become familiar with the new software layout and features.

JT
Just incase you are not aware, the main problem with classifieds page is that the main "classifieds" page is not showing latest ads, but the "classifieds" nested in the forum view does.

I've been banging around a number of threads, doing a couple of uploads, etc. Everything is far far more stable and far faster than it has been for a year. Excellent job! Thank you for all the hard work!

G

This looks like a great improvement!! I reset my password and replied to a thread w/out any diffulty, and the performance of the site appears much improved!!

Back