W/NW: Tools

Before photography, and before ALS, my life was my work and my work was carpentry, or more specifically, timber framing.

A moving story to go with your photo and am terribly sorry to hear of your diagnosis - I pray current research yields better treatments for ALS in the near future.

Old World Wisconsin workshop shot on TMX:
10179817696_f72bc550f7_c.jpg

I'm a bit behind on this thread, but Colton, touching story (as others have said). I had heard bits & pieces about your ALS diagnosis here and on PentaxForums, but not that full narrative. If I thought about it enough, I could get very sad, dejected, cynical, and angry really, that in this country $ octillions are spent researching the next tiny incremental improvement in mobile phones or the next gaming app, but real life-saving research on cancer, ALS, etc. has to scrape by and beg. Something FUBAR in values there I think.

Back on topic:

Old Salem, North Carolina, July 2010.

Baker's tools by Argenticien, on Flickr

Canon P, probably 50/1.8, Efke KB50. Can't remember if I've long ago posted this in some other thread; apols if so.

--Dave

A moving story to go with your photo and am terribly sorry to hear of your diagnosis - I pray current research yields better treatments for ALS in the near future.

I'm a bit behind on this thread, but Colton, touching story (as others have said). I had heard bits & pieces about your ALS diagnosis here and on PentaxForums, but not that full narrative. If I thought about it enough, I could get very sad, dejected, cynical, and angry really, that in this country $ octillions are spent researching the next tiny incremental improvement in mobile phones or the next gaming app, but real life-saving research on cancer, ALS, etc. has to scrape by and beg. Something FUBAR in values there I think.
--Dave

Thanks guys. As they say..."c'est la vie" :)
We all have our battles.

This slick isn't mine, and I wouldn't ever store one in this manner.

5el6.jpg

Back