Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 Distagon T* ZM photos

A Summicron 90/2? With which camera?

Yes, you are correct Raid, it is a 90mm Summicron. The camera is an M6ttl Millennium .72 (Black Paint), it is essentially the same as my chrome m6ttl which I have been using for around 19 years, except the rewind knob is the old style.

Outside Mandalay
47356730372_6183f0eafe_b.jpg
[/url]

Yangon....street vendor

Yangon.....Bus seating chart

U Bein Bridge

Yangon....another selfie

cheers, michael

Wow didn't know you were carrying that big Summicron also. Book or print project would be cool to see.

You are right jarski, it is quite common to see dogs on the streets in S.E. Asia. I have been attacked and bitten a couple of times, chased on my motorbike while dogs are snapping at me and I was once surrounded by a pack of dogs in a small village in the countryside. They can be a problem sometimes.

Ouch! Didn't that make you wary? I got attacked once and its effect was that am more cautious when and where to wander with a camera. Especially at night time, when they get more active.

Wow didn't know you were carrying that big Summicron also. Book or print project would be cool to see.

Ouch! Didn't that make you wary? I got attacked once and its effect was that am more cautious when and where to wander with a camera. Especially at night time, when they get more active.

It's amazing the things you can get used to.

Yangon
40444061423_ef7dced0b0_b.jpg
[/url]

Yangon

Yangon

Yangon

cheers, michael

It's remarkable how different the images look, even though they are taken with the same lens. Film vs digital, photographer vs photographer, hahaha.

Frankly, I'm consistently impressed by Michael's work in the far reaches of the world. To think that he does all of this with a bag of Kodak Pro Image 100 and a M6TTL. Jim's images have a gorgeously modern and clean look, and yet with the same lens, Michael takes images that look like something from National Geographic's old film days.

Michael, I have to ask. What RF lenses have you shot with over the years, and what drew you to them? I've seen you shoot with the Voigtlander 35mm f1.2 and I think you've shot with the 50mm Summicron and Summilux.

Thanks a lot Huss, I had no idea how the photos from that scene were going to turn out, I saw the light shining through that tree and pulled my bike over and took some photos.

Michael, I have to ask. What RF lenses have you shot with over the years, and what drew you to them? I've seen you shoot with the Voigtlander 35mm f1.2 and I think you've shot with the 50mm Summicron and Summilux.

Thanks Archiver. I bought my M6ttl with a 50mm summilux V1 and I used that combo for about 3-4 years and just got really comfortable with that set up. Then, I ended up buying a 28mm Elmarit, a 90mm Summicron and a 15mm VC all within a year. I traveled a lot and used that set of lenses (15/28/50/90) for a couple of years. When I first moved to Bangkok I bought a 35mm 1.2 VC lens and that changed everything for me. I had never had a 35mm lens for my Leica before, it was fast and I really liked the image quality and that became my lens for the next 9 years. A couple of years ago a friend wanted to buy my 1.2 Nokton so I sold it to him and started looking for a replacement lens. I tried the 35mm Summilux FLE (M60 version/stainless steel), the "normal" 35 summilux FLE (ASPH), the 35mm summilux ASPH (not FLE), a 35mm Summicron ASPH and the Zeiss. After I looked at the photos I decided I liked the look of the Zeiss the best, so I bought it. It has been my main lens ever since I have had it (the start of this thread).

I just got my 50mm summilux and 28mm elmarit back from getting CLA'd, so I might start using those lenses more, I really like the 28/50 combo. It works a lot better for me than the 35/90 combo that I have been using lately.

Mandalay
47408044851_f57ba1a680_b.jpg
[/url]

Ye, Mon State

Loikaw....This is my favorite small town in Myanmar, it is a really cool place to get off of the tourist trail.

Bagan

cheers, michael

Hi Michael, thanks for the gear history! Gives me some hope that I can settle on a more limited/well chosen kit for travel.

I have to say, your work deserves a lot more attention that it seems to get. The quality of your work should have far more flickr subscribers than it currently does. Thank you for showing us your view of the world.

Hi Michael, thanks for the gear history! Gives me some hope that I can settle on a more limited/well chosen kit for travel.

I have to say, your work deserves a lot more attention that it seems to get. The quality of your work should have far more flickr subscribers than it currently does. Thank you for showing us your view of the world.

Thanks Archiver, I just set up a second Flickr account and a lot of the recent photos in this thread are from that 2nd account. That said, my main Flickr account doesn't have a lot of subscribers either.

Bagan....A local herder who still lives amongst the temples in Bagan.
46530588965_56292d4566_b.jpg
[/url]

Loikaw....group portrait

Yadanabon University, Mandalay

Lucky phone numbers for sale in Yangon (25,000 Kyats = about 17 USD)

cheers, michael

I really gotta work out how to make my M9 photos have this kind of colour and look. It's just so cool. Yes, I could shoot film, but that's gonna cost me more than using a camera I already have.

Michael, on average, how much film do you shoot in a given week/month/trip? How often do you get it processed? As someone who barely gets through a few rolls a year, if that, your film usage seems huge.

When I travel with film, my aim is to shoot one roll per day, and the rest is digital. Do you shoot digital images at all??

Michael, on average, how much film do you shoot in a given week/month/trip? How often do you get it processed? As someone who barely gets through a few rolls a year, if that, your film usage seems huge.

When I travel with film, my aim is to shoot one roll per day, and the rest is digital. Do you shoot digital images at all??

If I am on a "photo trip" I average around 5 rolls a day, I travel alone and I walk a lot. I wake up very early and hit the streets and start shooting and look for interesting things that are happening.

I recently moved to South Florida so I haven't been shooting as much as I was when I lived in Bangkok. I carried my camera everywhere in Bangkok and I averaged around 3/4 rolls a week.

I would always drop my film off directly after a photo trip, and I would visit my lab about 2 times a week.

The only digital camera I have is an iPhone 6S plus that has a faulty camera so I don't really use it much. I have used digital Leicas in the past but never for a trip or anything serious.

I usually take cell phone photos of the rolls of film that I drop off just as a reminder, here are some photos from 3 different trips.

47449225802_dc8d0158a1_b.jpg
[/url]

cheers, michael

Yangon..... I remember walking really far out of my way in the early morning to get to a certain neighborhood and I ended up getting lost. I was frustrated because the light was changing and I felt like I was wasting time. Then I saw this scene unfold in front of me and I was able to get a couple photos of it....I love photography

46623753705_80b0892bb3_b.jpg
[/url]

cheers, michael

Back