Compatibility of Nikon S / Contax RF lenses on Leica M with Amedeo Adapter

Framelines

Framelines

I have a two Nikon S-mount RF lenses, 50mm and 10.5mm, and I plan to buy a 35/f2.5 when I could find it.

When using an Amedeo adapter with these lenses on a M body, will the correct framelines be brought up?

I was told that the adapter only brings up the 50 frameline and Amedeo needs to customize the adapter for other framelines. Is this correct?

The Amedeo adapter doesn't know what lens you are adapting, so it can't change the framelines when you change lenses. It will always show the 50mm frame.

You can use the frameline preview however to see 90 and 35.

Hi Jon,

That is one very sexy looking combination.
Love the alternating black/chrome :D

Bill, Amedeo has an uncoupled adapter for the 35/1.8 that shifts the position of the lens downward about 1mm so it clears the rangefinder mechanism, but its not RF coupled. Another option might be to machine the rangefinder pickup wheel to make it thinner, but I don't know of anyone who's tried that.

Oh, and the Zeiss 50/1.5 works fine. I snuck it into the Cosina/Voigtlander list ;)

Maybe i'm the only one with this problem, but as i wrote in another tread i can't use the W-Nikkor 3.5cm f2.5 with the Amedeo adapter, because the rear part of the lens touch the Rangefinder arm at MFD...so you can focus correctly until 6 feet not less. If someone else can confirm this will be helpful for the list of compatibility.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96698

Is there anyone who use a Jupiter 12 with the Amedeo adapter for Contax?

Emiliano

Maybe i'm the only one with this problem, but as i wrote in another tread i can't use the W-Nikkor 3.5cm f2.5 with the Amedeo adapter, because the rear part of the lens touch the Rangefinder arm at MFD...so you can focus correctly until 6 feet not less. If someone else can confirm this will be helpful for the list of compatibility.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96698

Is there anyone who use a Jupiter 12 with the Amedeo adapter for Contax?

Emiliano

The same thing happens with my W-Nikkor 2.8cm f3.5. It focus fine down to 6ft then catches on the focus cam. My W-Nikkor 3.5cm f2.5 works fine though.

He also makes one for Contax to LTM:

4955403679_fdec123ffd_z.jpg

i just tried the 50/1.1 internal mount with Amedeo adaptor on M8 and my Voigtlander R2A in a local shop on last thursday, worked in full focus range. And i was told the external mount is the same.

I will update after my external mount arrived.

i just tried the 50/1.1 internal mount with Amedeo adaptor on M8 and my Voigtlander R2A in a local shop on last thursday, worked in full focus range. And i was told the external mount is the same.

I will update after my external mount arrived.

That's interesting to read. I couldn't get either 50/1.1 version to mount on my Amedeo adapter or Zen-shooter's original Orion adapter.

Since Amedeo is now machining his adapters from scratch, it should be completely possible to make them so they focus in the same direction as Leica lenses (only internal mount lenses could be used of course).

That's interesting to read. I couldn't get either 50/1.1 version to mount on my Amedeo adapter or Zen-shooter's original Orion adapter.

External mount 50/1.1 Nikkor mounted on original Orion adapter + screw mount to M adapter
adapt11.jpg

OLD OLD image from Sony Disk Camera circa 1998
BIG 1 meg jpg file !

Stephen

Think about using small Zeiss Sonnar501, 5 Amedeo Leica Nikon adapter. Do you have any of the lens, use this combination, you can post it? In addition, the use of the combination, you may have found any drawbacks?

Which "Zeiss Sonnar" are you asking about? The modern CZ for Nikon S-mount that was sold only in Japan or the classic Carl Zeiss Jena, Zeiss-Opton, & Carl Zeiss Sonnars in Contax RF mount?

Amedeo has both Nikon & Contax RF adapters for Leica screw & M-mounts. All of the above Sonnars will work just fine using the appropriate adapter (I have both types & they work perfectly on the M9). The only drawbacks are if you are really used to the Leica focus direction & have to switch between the adapted lens & a standard Leica lens. Nikon copied their RF lens mount design from Zeiss Ikon, so both Contax & Nikon RF lenses focus in the opposite direction from Leica glass.

Think about using small Zeiss Sonnar501, 5 Amedeo Leica Nikon adapter. Do you have any of the lens, use this combination, you can post it? In addition, the use of the combination, you may have found any drawbacks?

I just wanted to report that I tried my 50mm f2.5 Skopar with the Amedeo M adapter on my Bessa-T and the rear of the lens fouls the RF cam on the camera so no go for the Voigtlanders I guess (but I don't have a Leica body to try it on so can't confirm for the M series).

I recently bought a kipon Contax to LTM adapter, the main idea was to mount the 50 millenium nikkor on M/ or LTM mount

it was decent priced, very well built, with black front, I was positively surprised with the build quality.

the millenium lens mounts perfectly, but the heliocoid doesn't move ( at all), so i'm a littlebit bummed, as the the adapter is pointless for me at this time, anybody else tried those kipons?

do I understand right, that it might only support external lens designs?

does the helicoid of the amadeos move? or is the some kind of trick i didn't think of?

thanks for any advice
regards
maitani

Back