Lomo Loves Leica: Minitar 32/2.8 Leica M Lens

p.p.s Stephen, do you sell a lens hood for this puppy? In 'just the right' conditions I get a sweet halo flare.

Halo_zpsa55byjm6.jpg

That's it folks! My recommendation? Only shoot colour film, this lens pops the colour. Don't bother with digital - smeary with colour casts.

Nice images.

Was about to order one for my m9 till I read that last part.

I shot with a lomo for years and value character over perfection but don't want crappy just quirky.

But not worth it digital? I've kind of relegated my m4p to black and white since I like the m9 color so much.

But not worth it digital? I've kind of relegated my m4p to black and white since I like the m9 color so much.

Maybe I overstated. Not worth it on digital for me, as I prefer the results on film.
I've only shot it on an M240, so it would be different on an M9.

Here are a couple of examples on the M240/M (stoopid name why didn't they just call it the M10?...)

image.jpg11_zpsjrlupwf1.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsgcfg143s.jpg

image.jpg12_zpsp5cjt6m4.jpg

First shot is great but that color cast would bug me in shot 2 and 3. Curious if m9 ccd sensor would react similarly.

"How sharp is it on an M body?" I hear everyone cry out...
(ok, no-one but go with me here).

Full photo w/ then 100% crop

L1000485-2_zpsi4slcinb.jpg

L1000485_zpsnhkcan1d.jpg

p.p.s Stephen, do you sell a lens hood for this puppy? In 'just the right' conditions I get a sweet halo flare.

Alas, Lomo makes no hood for it.

HOWEVER

I encourage you to use the special Lomo Biological Art Lens Hood located at the end of either your right or left arm.

Stephen

That's what I thought. I think it's cool! (is that weird ?)

Yes Andy, you're weird.
;)
I guess it depends on the subject matter. I like it on that shot. Funny thing is that there are lots of non Leica wide angle lenses (non coded) that do this on the M. Color casts are not unique to the Lomo.
The avg Lomo user embraces effects/defects like this. It's why everything on that site has been cross-processed. The inherrent vignetting of this pancake design adds to the cast. So, embrace it.

Back