Post Yer Pinholes!

Really like Barry's sunrise shot too.

And Mike's hacked Agfa is great! What's the effective focal length of this, Mike? Gives great results and I bet the camera takes up almost no space. Tempting to try doing this myself for a pinhole I can slip into a bag (taking up less space than my boxy zeroimage).

I think the hole to film plane distance is about 38mm. Adapting a film camera for pinhole use takes care of a number of functional issues including film advance and shutter release. I've also gotten pretty good results from putting pinholes in little plastic p&s cameras.

Thanks! It's a nice fov from those images above. You put the pinhole behind the leaf shutter, I assume?

Might have to go troll eBay for one of these to play with. :D

I think the hole to film plane distance is about 38mm. Adapting a film camera for pinhole use takes care of a number of functional issues including film advance and shutter release. I've also gotten pretty good results from putting pinholes in little plastic p&s cameras.

I did have the pinhole behind the shutter initially, but got some vignetting from the lens mount. So, I moved the pinhole out front after those pictures were made of the camera. I also do not any longer use the accessory viewfinder. The built-in finder on the camera doesn't show much of what will get on film, but it does help me find the center of the view I want.

Was thinking of an RSS 6x6, but inspired by mconnealy's modified Agfa Billy I may well take a look on eBay myself. I need to do my homework, I'm wondering if a MF folder would work.

Just to clarify a bit, the Agfa Billy is a medium format folder. I removed the bellows from mine, hacksawed a hole in the front cover and mounted the shutter there. I used some foam sheets on the inside to seal up any possible light leaks. The cable release and tripod sockets are helpful with exposures which are usually around a second or two on sunny days.

Here's a couple recent shots from Grand Marais, MN

44017318121_e4f7a59bab_c.jpg

29079874477_3f8d07ed1c_c.jpg

Mottweiler P.90 Pinhole Camera

Excellent work! The Mottweiler produces nice images. Tempting! (I'm a sucker for custom pinhole cameras.)

Thanks Kevin, yes the Mottweiler cameras are a work of art, expensive, but if you want something unique and heirloom quality you can't beat Kurt's designs.
Cheers, JC

Back