Sad News--Roger Hicks

His classic book on Rangefinders is what started my Rangefinder reunion. He was a mentor and a friend, though I never met him. RIP kind soul.

I had a very friendly Exchange of emails with him. When I mentionned my interest in a 35 mm lens, he simply mailed it to me, although he only knew me from RFF. Whren I wanted to buy the lens he let me decide the Price.....I will miss him. Godspeed one voyage is over, may the next one begin. My condolences to Frances

First time I've stopped by in a long while, and very sad to hear this. He was a valuable, reasoned voice on this forum and a wealth of knowledge. Not the same without him and Tom.

I joined this forum in the tail end of high school, about the time I had discovered his and Frances' website and writing. Since then I've been lucky to interact with him on here and learn quite a lot from him.

Roger was a good man.

We enjoyed some quite lively debates, but even after the jousting he was always very generous with his advice and expertise. I always admired his sharp wit and intellect.

My thoughts to Frances and his family.

Roger, you have taught me a lot over the years - I remember reading all your columns in shutterbug as a kid, long before the internet was available.

Thanks for everything - RIP buddy

Back