Sad News--Roger Hicks

Rest easy Roger and I hope your family finds the comfort and support they need. Your work helped me understand rangefinders and film photography. Thank you

I am saddened and will miss Roger. He was a good photographer but he also had a wonderful, earthy quality to his writing. I have learned a lot from both him and Francis.

Godspeed Roger and thank you for sharing a piece of your life with us.

I'm sorry to hear that his last week was so rough, for both him and for Frances. But he is beyond pain now, a moment to be sad and a moment to remember, a moment to celebrate that memory.

Godspeed, Roger. You have helped people and changed lives with your work. You will be remembered. My sincere condolences to Frances and all other of his surviving family and friends.

G

"Only in silence the word.
only in dark the light,
only in dying, Life;
bright the hawk's flight
***on the empty sky." - Song of Ea

So long, Roger, it was good to know you, even if from a long distance. My condolences to Francis and family.

PF

Ahhh, opening RFF this morning to see if there's been any news, and there it is. Been thinking about Roger a lot since the news broke some days ago. He's been a great part of RFF and photography in general for many years. I hope that Frances has good support with her, and I am deeply sorry for her loss. RIP, Mr. Hicks.

Roger did a lot to make RFF a better place. He will be remembered by all of us.
May he rest in peace.
Joao

When I bought Amateur Photographer regularly the first page I turned to was Roger’s essay. I have learned a lot from Roger since. He will be missed.

I'm sorry to hear this

I'm sorry to hear this

My condolences to Francis, and all of Roger's family and friends.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA

A sad news for all of us indeed.
I have read few books on photography written by Roger, and I considered him as a good teacher.
A friend has left us, but I am sure he won't be forgotten.

My condolences to his family

Back