who owns a recent production zeiss ikon here?

I have a black Zeiss ZM, paired with a gently-used Zeiss T* 50/2 ... great camera. The AE is wonderful to use. The viewfinder is very large and clear. I agree that sometimes the shutter speed info is difficult to read -- it seems to depend on a sweet spot on where I put my eye.

Wonderful piece of engineering. I'm glad they're still making these. It is one of the best 35mm cameras available today, in my opinion.

Black ZI, 50mm Planar, 28mm Biogon, 21mm Biogon, 90mm Summarit-M.

I use it for colour slides and B/W.

The lenses also are used with my M9.

My only gripe is that I hate the Zeiss lens caps.

Black ZI (love it!), 28mm Biogon. Bought a used one, with the lens, fairly cheap (ca 1100$) a couple of years ago. I agree that the lens cap is crap. And the name: Why couldn't they name it Contax IV? Anything but just "Zeiss Ikon".

Last edited:

I bought it mid-2009 when it was on sale from popflash. Great camera...tricky meter readout under bright conditions but nothing to worry about.

I've had a black Ikon since early 2008. It was my first rangefinder, and I absolutely fell in love with it. I also have a growing collection of M-mount lenses which see use on the Ikon, the M9 and M7. I often prefer the Ikon for shooting, as it is lighter, loads more easily and has a bigger viewfinder. I do love my M7 for fondling, though. ;)

...a new silver one coming my way within the week. Rather excited. Already have the 18, 35 and a Nokton 50...now just need the mother ship to dock with.

Lots of people using Z1's, but my Q is what SN are past any 1st year production bugs?

I am thinking about a Z1 over my M5, but, I can't afford any "Fixes" this time around. I assume the Z1 is still in production, so, what SN should I look for to make sure is it fairly resent?

I just picked one up from a RFF member. Almost new, with a ZM 2/35 and a sunshade.
Unbelievable quality. I have a great feeling about it.

(former M6 user)

regards,
Juan

Black ZI which I use with a host of Leica and M mount lenses. It is a great camera. The M7 is more robust. The ZI is light. My M7 has a quirky meter.

Zeiss Ikon ZI

Zeiss Ikon ZI

Yep; Also TTele Elmarit 90,mm and Zeiss 50 f2 & Biogon 25mm 2.8

Attachments

• GAYLORD_MINI_VACA-0058.jpg
    GAYLORD_MINI_VACA-0058.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0
I have a SE version but will be putting it up for sale this week. Its a fabulous camera but I just do not shoot much film now. I wish Zeiss wouldcintroduce a FF digital version.

Just picked up a black one, used, from Tamarkin. After six years of nothing but CLs, my overriding first impression is, "Damn, it's big!"

Looking forward to giving the autoexposure feature a tryout. Have only had that in digitals.

Just got my pair of ZI, one in black, one in silver, all 4 ZMs are black. I was very hesitant which body color to get, so I bought both. Now I know it was a good decision, they both look great!

Back